February 14, 2012

Our Valentine's Day

We had such a nice Valentine's Day today! Nothing exciting, just some nice time with family and some very good food. For me Valentine's day isn't butterflies & romance, it's fun & silly and a time to be with people you love, and not just romantic gushy love. Oh, and it's a time to eat chocolate. Hubby gave me a giant block of Belgian dark chocolate for a gift. And I gave him a bag of Twizzlers. We're easy to please.


I got all my son's Valentine's cards ready yesterday:



And we went to his school party today. I have such fun memories of school parties...handing out & receiving cards. It's fun to relive that through my own kids.

We had a very nice family dinner tonight with inlaws and my mom. My contributions to the meal included this delicious Strawberry Spinach Salad:




I thought it was kind of Valentine-y with red heart shaped strawberries :)

I also made this yummy Roasted Asparagus:




I wish I'd had enough for a double batch of that, it was so good.

And for dessert I made another Cranberry Lime Galette:





I also made a pan of brownies since I wasn't sure the pie was enough for nine. I used a boxed mix of milk chocolate brownies. I subbed 1/4 c of the oil with a couple tablespoons of peanut butter, then sprinkled crushed up heath bars on top. Very yummy, wish I had a pic but I didn't think they'd be blog-worthy...oh yes indeed they were!





I'm counting my blessings this Valentine's Day. I am indeed blessed way beyond what I deserve. My daughter tells me about 10 times a day..."I'm so glad I have a Mommy like you!" and "I just love my family!" You can't get much sweeter than that.

No comments: