February 09, 2012

Cookie Dough for Breakfast!

I just love Snack Girl. I've gotten so many great ideas from her site. Simple ideas, simple recipes using simple ingredients but that are healthy and still taste simply wonderful! The other day she featured a post on this super duper simple breakfast idea. She calls it Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie, but I think it's more like cookie dough! We had it for the first time this morning and I loved loved loved it. But I like anything oaty. The true test was when the kids tried it....and...it was a win win! My son said it would be even better with chocolate chips which coincidentally is how Snack Girl's son prefers it too. The batch that's in the fridge right now does indeed contain chocolate. It will be a great thing to wake up to on a Friday morning!

Here's how I made our breakfast cookie dough:

1 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup milk
1 T peanut butter
1 T maple syrup (REAL)
chopped walnuts
dried cranberries

Mix everything in a bowl the night before and let it sit in the fridge. In the morning, get a spoon and dig in! This recipe makes about two servings.

You can warm it up of course, but we liked ours cold. And you can change up the extra ingredients. I think a dash of cinnamon would be good, or a touch of vanilla & some raisins. Or chopped apples or blueberries. Lots of possibilities!


Try it!!!

No comments: