April 04, 2012

Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken Sandwiches

I totally forgot about these sandwiches till I found a picture of them while sorting though the gazillion pictures that I've taken recently but haven't had time to edit & order. I made these during spring break week and they were wonderful. The original recipe is here. I found it, of course, via Pinterest.

Here's a quick summary of how I made them. I did them a little differently since I didn't have a working grill, other than the Foreman. So, I put a couple boneless skinless chicken breasts in the crock pot with some teriyaki sauce, soy sauce & a little sesame oil. Cooked that until they were done then shredded them. Meanwhile, I took some sliced pineapple and some fat slices of red onion and grilled them in the George Foreman grill till they were cooked and nicely striped. I made a batch of my favorite bread but shaped them into rolls. I ran a bit short on time and they didn't rise as much as they should've but they still worked fine. We piled everything up on them and they tasted great.

Here's one of our sloppy sandwiches-



I'm going to make them again very soon!

1 comment:

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

I love the chicken teriyaki sandwich from Red Robin. I'll have to give your idea a try!