April 17, 2012

Quilt Progress

Between stocking our storm shelter and dodging tornadoes I was able to squeeze in some sewing time this past weekend. I finished the first two quadrants of my cosmic quilt! I'm pretty happy with the way it's coming along, though I find myself wishing I'd chosen different fabric. But, I could probably say that about any project I've done. I think I just get tired of looking at it after a while. Oh well, there's no going back now.

Here's all my squares cut up:



Here are quadrants 1 & 4 completed:



Still trying to decide about the center block, I might have to get creative with the fabric I've already got.



And last week I finished up the top of the baby quilt I've been working on:



A close-up:



I am so proud of it!! It's the most complicated quilt this beginner has ever attempted and I'm really happy with it. I first saw this design when a friend made it for another friend who then posted the picture of it on Facebook. I fell in love with it and tracked down the pattern. I especially love those triangular "prairie points." You know how babies love playing with little labels & tabs, makes it a perfect little play quilt.

Here's the backing fabric I found for it:



I plan to get this quilted & bound soon!


Linked to:

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced




2 comments:

JuliePickles said...

I have made that quilt pattern before, those prairie points gave me a run for my money! I love yours and your fabric selection for the QA is pretty awesome in my book :)

Greta said...

Oh thanks Julie. It was seeing the picture of yours that inspired me to make it (note the similar colors ;))