April 07, 2012

Quilting Along

I've decided to join in on a quilt along done by my friends at Distant Pickles. For those of you who don't know, a Quilt Along is a step by step instructional guide to creating a quilt. Every week or so there's a new post with instructions on what to do next and everyone quilts along together. Fun! This is my first one ever and I'm very excited about it. The quilt is called "Cosmic Burst." I've chosen my fabric and it's not exactly bursting with color but I think it will (hopefully) turn out nice. I've never been good at choosing fabric, but here it is:



(It's much prettier in person) I still haven't found something for the "fussy cut" center, but I stumbled across this giveaway at Heartstrings & Heirlooms and I think that butterfly/floral fabric would be perfect! So, I plan on winning that. I should probably come up with backup plan in case I don't...I'll worry about that next week I guess.

1 comment:

JuliePickles said...

I didn't realize this was your first quilt along! Yay! I'm glad you're joining us :)