January 30, 2012

English Muffin Breakfast Pizzas

Thank you to my awesome sister for sharing this recipe with me! It's just what I needed, something new, different & yummy that can be made ahead of time for busy school mornings. It seems we've been in a breakfast rut since Christmas break. The kids are getting tired of pancakes & waffles and even tired of my breakfast burritos which they used to love. And I get a great big frown when I set the cereal out in the morning (yeah, they're a little spoiled). But I love having variety in my breakfast foods so I don't mind the challenge of coming up with new & different things to eat in the morning.

Anyway, this recipe for English Muffin Breakfast Pizzas is from Our Best Bites. It's a simple recipe that can be changed up depending on what toppings you want on your breakfast pizza. I topped ours with some cut-up pre-cooked sausage, shredded spinach and finely diced jalapenos then some shredded mozzarella. I made a few non-veggie ones for the pickier kid. Here they are heading into the oven.




The unique thing about these pizzas is that the English muffin is dunked into the egg mixture before baking which gives it a moist, eggy texture. They aren't dry like they might be if you just put all the toppings on top. I made this batch on Sunday, let them cool, then froze them. I just love having such a good breakfast all done & ready. Just pop them in the microwave for a minute or so and they're done!



Just look at the adorable little orange juice! Yes, I pay a slight premium for the cute packaging but it's a fun little breakfast juice treat.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'll have to try sausage on my next batch! Looks yummy :)