January 02, 2012

Christmas Gifts

I had so much fun making several Christmas gifts this year. There's just so many great ideas out there for handmade gifts! Here's some of what I made...

Table runners for Mom & Mom-in-Law:



Both runners are very simple disappearing 9-patch patterns.

Then I got ambitious right before Christmas and decided to make three more smaller 'table toppers' using the same pattern but just one block. I used a "Flurry" by Kate Spain charm pack. I made the reverse side a wintery non-Christmassy print so they could be used after Christmas too.




Then I made some Hot & Cold rice warmers. I absolutely LOVE these things. Perfect for sore muscles or cold tootsies. I used this tutorial from Make It & Love It.





And for my special niece, I used this tutorial from the same blog to make a "Re-purposed Sweater Sling Purse." I thought it turned out cute!




I also made her a Pleated Knit Scarf using another Make it Love it tutorial. It used a LOT of fabric but was very simple.

I hope everyone liked what I made. I know nothing was without it's little charming flaws but I enjoyed making it all!




Now my dining room table (aka sewing station) is so sad & empty now. Gotta come up with some new projects for the new year...

1 comment:

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Just saw this post and guess what I'm cuddled up with right now?? My rice warmer! A winter must!! Perhaps you could do a post on your famous granola. It's the best!