April 03, 2011

Blend-o-rama!

I'm beyond excited about this-

It's our new blender! Not just any blender, it's a Blendtec. It blends like you wouldn't believe. It is so powerful it can grind corn kernels into corn meal and cook your soup just by blending at warp speed. It pulverizes spinach and greens so that you can add them to your smoothies and ice cream and you'll never know they're there, other than their lovely green hue.

We just got it yesterday and already we've made some great stuff. Last night we made peach ice cream, YUM! This morning I used it to make blueberry pancakes (yeah, I could've done that with a regular blender but it wouldn't be as fun). Then for lunch today we made potato soup! That was SOOOOO good. I just blended some milk, sour cream, green onion, shredded cheese, a little butter and flour and a baked potato (which I already had the fridge) and it turned into probably the best potato soup I've ever had and the kids agreed. We made salad dressing this afternoon, a tasty raspberry vinaigrette. And tonight, hubby got creative and came up with two fruit smoothies that were really good. A combination of oranges, a lemon, peaches and strawberries. A bit tart but still really good.

I know the excitement will wane but I really do believe this is a tool I will use A LOT. My son and I are going to a "blender party" this week at Sam's Club (where we purchased the blender) and the Blendtec Dude will be doing more demonstrations and handing out more yummy samples. I'll be taking notes for sure. In the meantime, I'm off to the grocery store in the morning to buy all kinds of fresh ingredients for more blending fun. YIPPEE!!

2 comments:

Dagni said...

WOW! That sounds like fun and super delicious. Can't wait to hear about what you learn at the blender party!

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Congrats on the new blender!