July 26, 2010

The weekends...

seem to be a big weakness as far as eating healthy goes. Saturday with it's laziness usually means out to lunch and this week we found ourselves at the Chinese buffet. Ridiculously yummy but ridiculously salty, fatty, etc. etc. Right after we vowed to eat a healthier dinner, hubby remembers that he forgot to tell me that his family is coming over later and bringing all the goods for a hot dog cookout. Thanks for the notice dear. So...hot dogs, Cheetos, Doritos then cookies and cake for dessert. I was able to add some raw carrots and cukes to the spread along with baked BEANS and some canned chili to top the dogs. I don't know if any of that helped much. It was a big dinner that resulted in lots of full tired bellies. Today...well, today could've been worse. We are not ones to have a huge Sunday dinner, so it was a snacky, sandwichy, leftover kind of day.

So, now it's time for a new week, new meals, new possibilities. Our local market has super double dollar coupons till Wednesday, I may try to plan my meals around my coupon finds this week. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: