July 22, 2010

Tonight's Dinner!



Okay, day one of my blog and I'm going to brag on the good dinner I made! (we won't talk about the fact that we ate lunch at Taco Bell). So, this jar of bean soup mix has been sitting in my cupboard since it was received as a Christmas gift last year (thank you big sis and neice). Hubby isn't a fan of beans so I haven't been in a big hurry to make it. Well, tough beans for him, in honor of my new blog's name, I made it tonight and it was delish. He ate the sausage by itself, he'll have to apologize to his own body for it's lack of fiber today.





And, as a side dish I tried something I've never made before. FRESH green beans. I found a super simple recipe and it was SO yummy. Big J gobbled them up out of the pan like they were candy. He even said, "I better stop eating these so there's some left for you!" Yes, that is a quote from an 8 year old boy. Little J wasn't quite as enthused, but she did like the sausage. So far, she's more of a carnivore like her daddy.

I'm including the pics here. Of course, they were more tasty looking in person but I'm going to try to document all my food for you even though it may not look pretty. Try not to drool on the screen.



It was a very beany night at our house!



The green bean recipe....3/4 lb green beans washed and boiled for 8-10 min. Drain and place them in a pan with 2 T olive oil, 1 T vinegar, some onion slices and 1-2 minced garlic cloves. Toss with salt and pepper and roast at 400 degrees for 10ish minutes.


1 comment:

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Looks like a yummy meal! Did dinner start with an appetizer of Beano?