March 22, 2012

Frozen Chocolate Banana Bites

Ooooh, these are so yummy. And decadent tasting too! They remind me of those little Dove ice cream miniatures that my Grandma always had when we came for a visit. But, instead of ice cream these are made from bananas. And if you use your imagination a bit you can almost talk yourself into thinking they ARE ice cream since the frozen banana ends up resembling vanilla ice cream in color & texture.

HERE is where I got the recipe and here's my quick summarized version:

I melted about 1/2 cup chocolate chips with 1/2 cup peanut butter in the microwave in 20-30 increments till it was smooth & runny. I cut the bananas up into chunks and dipped them in the chocolate mixture, then put them on a greased pan. Sprinkled some with coconut and some with walnuts then slid the pan into the freezer for a couple hours.

Here they are shortly after dipping-



Here they are chillin'-



And here's a few of them all done-


Don't they look fancy & sinful? Of course all that chocolate isn't the healthiest, but they are much better than Dove minis! And for a tasty dessert, one is more than enough to satisfy me.

No comments: