September 04, 2010

This week's dinners...

had some highs and lows.

Monday - Tex Mex Chili with Corn and Black Beans. It was yummy. Chili is yummy. Who doesn't love chili?

Tuesday - Honey Dijon Chicken and some Sweet Potato Soup that was a big fat FAIL. I thought it would be fine to substitute some old frozen turkey stock in place of the chicken broth. Not wise. Shoulda thrown that funky stuff out like 6 months ago. So, I dumped the soup, it was sad but necessary. The chicken turned out good though.

Wednesday - leftovers

Thursday - Italian chicken with Spaghetti Squash and Cheesy Garlic Bread. This was pretty good though I'd planned to put some spaghetti sauce on top then discovered we were all out. So, I added some extra Italian seasoning and some parmesan cheese and it turned out alright.

Friday - Vegetarian night! Black bean soup and mushroom & onion quesadillas. I got the soup recipe from my "101 Foods That Could Save Your Life" book. I thought it was absolutely delicious. No one really agreed with me on that. Hubby's words were, "It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be." Not exactly high praise, but I wasn't surprised given beans are not his fav. My son ate half a bowl only after smothering it with cheese and sour cream. The quesadillas however were loved by all. Here's a pic of tonight's meal.

No comments: