January 29, 2011

Popcorn Snack

I got this idea from Snack Girl. I love popcorn and I especially love sweet popcorn, like caramel corn, popcorn balls or that yummy sweet/salty kettlecorn. This is a delicious snack that is pretty healthy too, especially if you air pop the corn. This is my popcorn popper-



I love this thing! I see them all the time at garage sales and Goodwill and I have no idea why anyone would want to get rid of it. It's the easiest way to pop corn and you add nothing but the kernels. I do not care for those ready-made pouches you buy at the store. Those bags scare me, I remember reading about some toxic chemical that's in them. Plus, there is always some added gunk/salt/grease, even in the 'lite' variety. And I have never understood how to read the nutritional labels on them. Very confusing. Anyway, my popper is awesome and I hope they never stop making the little refill power cells or whatever they're called.

So, HERE is snack girl's recipe. And here's a quick summary: 1 T peanut butter, 1 T maple syrup warmed in the microwave then combined with a big bowl of popcorn. I pretty much followed her recipe except I raised the ratio of syrup to peanut butter just a bit and I do not microwave it for 30 seconds, that's way too long. 15, maybe 20 seconds tops. And I still haven't splurged on the real maple syrup, so mine has the fake stuff. It's not as hard to stir together as I expected, my method is similar to tossing a salad. Grab two large spoons, put the popcorn in a large bowl and have at it. I used crunchy peanut butter and I liked that added crunch. The kids love this stuff too. Try it!


1 comment:

Dagni said...

Sounds yummy! We're going to try it.