October 28, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes

I found this recipe in an old Taste of Home magazine. I've made it twice already and these pancakes turn out great!

Pumpkin Oat Pancakes

1 cup all-purpose flour (I did half whole wheat)
1 cup quick cook oats
2 T wheat germ
2 t sugar
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
pinch of cinnamon

1 c milk
1 egg
3/4 c canned pumpkin
2 T oil

Combine wet and dry ingredients separately, then mix all together just until moistened. Pour batter into a hot greased pan and turn when bubbles form. Decorate with chocolate chips or raisins if desired. (I desired chocolate, so did my helper)

Here's Mr. Pumpkin pancake looking so cute:



And, if you add the chocolate chips when the pancakes are nice and warm, they will melt and you can spread the love:



Here's my big helper:



Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

I will definitely be making these soon!

Dagni said...

Your helper looks like she is working hard!