October 13, 2010

Papas Chorreadas

Papas chorreadas is a delicious Colombian specialty. Potatoes smothered in a cheesy sauce seasoned with onions and tomatoes.

This is a dish my mother made quite often when we were growing up. I always liked it but had forgotten about it until recently. I asked her for the recipe and my Dad scanned and emailed me this copy which is the original clipping from the newspaper where my Mom got the recipe years and years ago:


Though the recipe doesn't call for it, we always wrapped up this potato concoction in a tortilla and ate it like a big fat burrito. And this time, I also sprinkled some extra salsa and cheese on top before wrapping it up:


Yummy!

2 comments:

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Mmm, I love Papas Chorreadas.

yodafatkitty said...

I am going to try these. They look different and delicious.