January 07, 2013

Less

I've decided that's my word for the new year. I'm going to try to simplify things a bit by doing and having less. And I'm going to try to worry less, stress less and obsess less. How's that for a tongue twister? I'm going to have a shorter to-do list and figure out what's really important and what makes me happy.

I've got a good start on the year doing some decluttering, mostly kids' stuff which is very hard for me since all of it holds memories. And I've cut down on my computer time and it's made me more relaxed and rested. It's nice to just sit and play with the kids or fix dinner or go to bed at a decent hour, without thinking I have to check my email or facebook or other blogs. What's really important is right here in my house not the world behind the screen.

So, I've decided to give this blog a break too. Not that I was blogging much anyway, but it's become a stressor, something in the back of my mind that I think I should want to do, but I really don't. So, unless I have something really cool & exciting to report on, I'll be putting it on the back burner.

I'll just wrap it up with a link to my etsy shop since I've added a few new things in the past couple weeks. I hope to add more soon! Whoops...did I just say MORE? Oh well, crafting & sewing are things I hope to do more of when I weed out some of my other time wasters.

Here's my shop- By Gretaliz on Etsy

No comments: