May 10, 2011

Salsa Recipe

I've made this so many times this past week, I have the recipe memorized! Since I didn't post the recipe in its entirety in my last post I will here & now with my changes. Again HERE's the original. And here's mine-

Restaurant Style Salsa

1 28oz can of whole peeled tomatoes
1 14oz can of plain diced tomatoes
1/2 can of rotel (diced tomatoes w/green chilies)
1/4 c diced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 jalapeno, finely minced (no seeds or membranes)
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp sugar
juice from half a lime

Place all ingredients in the blender and pulse until it reaches desired consistency. Store in fridge for at least one hour before serving so the flavors can combine.

Side note- be sure to buy PLAIN whole tomatoes and PLAIN diced tomatoes. Hubby sort of accidentally bought Italian style whole tomatoes and I dumped them in without even noticing. That is, until I tasted it. Take my word for it, basil doesn't blend well with the rest of these ingredients. And you can up the spice level by using the whole can of rotel or more jalapeno. Hubby likes it hotter, so I take half the batch and spice it up for him.

We are all loving this salsa! Try it!

1 comment: